Wednesday, January 26, 2011

If we all could have a power nap

... The world would be a better place!

In the daytime, I'm office diva extraordinaire, which is my preferred way to say that I answer phones, mail things, file papers, and type a lot. I'm lucky enough to live very close to the office, so every day at noon I race home. There, I can enjoy a salad and some hummus toast while watching Judge Mathis and enjoying the company of my incredibly cute husband, Jimmy. The one and only drawback-- no time for a quick nap!

Today I had to stay at the office for lunch hour. (This happens from time to time in a one-vehicle family.) I heated the Ramen Noodles that I had hastily thrown into my bag this morning, and found myself with some extra time on my hands. Nap time!

I set the Naked Alarm Clock for 15 minutes, relaxed on a comforter that I keep folded under my desk, and off to sleepy land! Let me tell you, I woke up feeling like a new person. Everything they say about power naps is true! I feel like new person!

Now I need one of THESE! (taken from HERE



I will leave you with this:
 Top 5 Things to Say When Caught Sleeping At Your Desk

5. “They told me at the Blood Bank this might happen.”

4. “This is just a 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time management course you sent me to.”

3. “Whew! Guess I left the top off the Whiteout. You probably got here just in time.”

2. “Did you ever notice sound coming out of these keyboards when you put your ear down real close?” And the NUMBER ONE best thing to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk…

1. Raise your head slowly and say, “…in Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Credit




No comments:

Post a Comment